A gala weekend, special performances, and new academic programming in April, May, and June will launch the new Northrop vision. Here is a sampling.
April 4 Northrop Inside Out Grand Reopening Gala Dinner and Performance American Ballet Theatre presents Giselle with live orchestra
A post-performance dessert, reception, and dance party featuring a live DJ and special performances on Northrop Plaza will be open to all audience members. Additional performances of Giselle will be held April 5 and 6.
- Institute for Advanced Study presents Provost Karen Hanson on the Northrop
- Space, Body, Sound film series: The Blood of a Poet—Jean Cocteau Presented by the Institute for Advanced Study and Moving Image Studies
- An Evening with Novelist David Mitchell Presented by the Esther Freier Endowed Lectures in Literature, the Department of English, and Northrop
- Anatoly Liberman: Why People Laugh, or, When Did Laughter Meet the Sense of Humor? Presented by the Institute for Advanced Study April 17
- Distinguished Carlson Lecture Series with former Secretary of State and National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice Presented by the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs
April 24 Wellbeing Lecture Series with Dan Siegel, author and executive director of the Mindsight Institute Presented by the Center for Spirituality and Healing
- The Irony of Carp: A River Life Program panel discussion with Brian Ickes Presented by the Institute for Advanced Study
April 22 Northrop presents the Trey McIntyre Project
April 26 Northrop presents a live broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor This performance is part of the Alumni Association’s 2014 Annual Celebration. For details go to www.MinnesotaAlumni.org
May 2 Northrop presents Echoes of History: Osmo Vänskä and musicians of the Minnesota Orchestra with William Wolfram on piano
- Northrop presents the University of Minnesota School of Music’s Symphony Orchestra performing Mahler’s Symphony No. 2
Northrop presents Daniel O’Donnell live in concert with special guest Mary Duff Ongoing
- 100 Years of Student Drawing, selections from the College of Design’s drawing archives An exhibit of alumni work in the new fourth floor gallery
Some free events require tickets. Check for this and other details, along with a complete event listing, at www.northrop.umn.edu.