Alumni Association Mission Statement
The University of Minnesota Alumni Association fosters a lifelong spirit of belonging and pride by connecting alumni, students, and friends to the University of Minnesota and each other. The Alumni Association advocates for the University and its alumni with a credible, independent, and collaborative voice.
Network Mission Statement
Alumni networks actively engages all those with an interest in the welfare of the University of Minnesota by creating the foundation to be able to build new relationships and strengthen old ties.
What is a Network?
A Network is a group based on a geographic location or university affinity that help alumni to remain connected to their alma mater.
A Network can be led by one individual or a group of local alumni leaders who act as ambassadors promoting the relationship between alumni and the University. The Alumni Association provides leadership, guidance, and resources in support of Networks and works closely with Network leaders to engage:
- The graduates of the University of Minnesota (almost half a million worldwide!)
- Friends with a vested interest in the welfare of the University
- Current and prospective students
How to Start a Network
Step 1: Dowload and Review the Starting a New Network Document
Step 2: Contact UMAA and submit a letter for Board Approval
Step 3: Upon approval, review and sign Data Sharing Policy and Network Agreement
If you have further questions related to current or new UMAA Networks, please contact our staff.
- Minnesota and Affinity Networks – Steve Davis- (612) 625-5156- email@example.com
- National Networks – Kablia Thao- (612) 624-5419 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Networks – Audra Gerlach Ferrall - (612) 626-4707 - email@example.com