The 250,000-square-foot McNamara Alumni Center stands on the site of old Memorial Stadium, at the corner of Oak and University, across from Williams Arena and TCF Bank Stadium. The center serves as home to the University of Minnesota Alumni Association and the University of Minnesota Foundation along with the University of Minnesota Board of Regents and several University departments. The first floor of the alumni center is a 36,000 sq. ft conference center made up of ten unique rooms which are available to rent for University events and private use.
Alumni Association life members receive up to 20% on room rentals at this award-winning Twin Cities event venue and a $100 gift card from D’Amico Catering with any new booking of Memorial Hall, University Hall or Johnson Great Room.
Room rental discount at McNamara Alumni Center
- Memorial Hall ($2,550 discounted to $2,200)
- University Hall ($1,500 discounted to $1,300)
- Johnson Great Room ($1,500 discounted to $1,300)
- Thomas H. Swain Room ($900 discounted to $800)
- Heritage Gallery ($900 discounted to $800)
- Ski-U-Mah Room ($700 discounted to $600)
- The Commons ($400 discounted to $350)
- Minnesota Room ($350 discounted to $300)
- Gateway ($200 discounted to $150)
- Big Ten Room ($150 discounted to $125)
Discounts for life members on McNamara wedding packages*:
- University Hall package $100 off
- Memorial Hall package $200 off
- Memorial Hall with Johnson Great Room package $300 off
- Any new booking of Memorial Hall, University Hall or Johnson Great room by a life member includes a $100 gift card from D'Amico Catering (Friday and Saturday night events)
- The McNamara contract must be in the name of the life member. He/she is accountable for the contract terms and payment.
- The life member or his/her owned company is our client and the life member will be present at the event.
- At the time of the reservation, the person's life membership is paid in full.
- Limited to four events a year per life member.
- Not valid for events already booked with signed contracts.
- Examples of qualified events: a life member's child's wedding; a holiday party or meeting for a company owned by a life member.